Pro tip from the Dentist: How to Floss
1. Break off about 18 inches of floss and wrap it around one finger on each hand.
2. Hold the floss tightly between your thumbs and forefingers.
3. Gently guide the floss between your teeth with a rubbing motion. Be careful not to snap the floss into your gums.
4. Once you reach the gum line, curve it into a C-shape against one tooth. Gently slide it into the space between the gum and the tooth
5. Hold the floss tightly against the tooth. Gently rub the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gum with up and down motions. Repeat on the rest of your teeth, and don’t forget the back side of your last tooth.
Download this handy infographic on “How to Floss”